5 Must-Have Apps To Simplify Your Life As A Nurse
Updated: May 12, 2019
Let's face it, nurses are one of the hardest working professionals in the overall workforce. Many of us work 12 hour shifts on one job, while often time working a PRN gig and not to mention having a life outside of our profession of being a mom, father, wife, husband, friend, son, daughter, etc. Trying to juggle all of these demands is enough to literally drive a person a little crazy.
However, with us living a complete digital age, it doesn't have to hard to find a way to balance and simplify our life's as nurses. So as the queen of ALWAYS working on my greatness and being "In Health On Purpose", I want to share 5 apps that every nurse should use to help them simplify their life.
1. Google Calendar- I live by a calendar and Google calendar is my favorite because I can sync it with almost any mobile device, when you receive meeting request they can automatically be added to your google calendar, you can set reminders to remind you of appointments, events, and meetings so you NEVER miss important things you should attend. You can also send request for meetings, events, appointments to other people so that they will be remind of it as well.
2. Google Drive- As a nursepreneur I have so many different things going on and there are times that I need to be able to review documents, share files with clients, send proposals, forward documents to my team, etc. and google drive s the best thing smoking to be able to do that no matter where I am right from my mobile phone.
3. CamScanner- This app has saved my life on numerous occasions when I need to either sign a document and scan it to someone or I simply needed to send over a document to seal a deal. I simply take a picture of it and CamScanner will convert it to a clean & crisp PDF file and I can send a professional email to the recipient with the document attached.
4. Wunderlist- We often have many different task that we need to complete or that we need others to complete for us. Wunderlist allows you to make a list of those task and assign to whomever needs to complete the task to ensure that you and not letting task slip through the cracks of not being completed.
5. AudioMemos- Listen there are times when we are in the presence of people who are giving us valuable information that we need to be able to come back and write down, make notes from, etc. and AudioMemos allows you to record those conversations so that you can be fully engaged during the conversation and then come back later and write the notes or highlights from the conversation. I have even used it in meetings and then used to feature to transcribe the notes for me.
While there are several apps out there in this digital age that can benefit us, these FREE apps will definitely help us nurses simplify our already busy and hectic multifaceted lives.
Nicole Thomas, MSN, RN, CCM
Nicole is a educator, mentor, nurse, and purposeful living strategist to healthcare professionals. She has over 12 years of experience in leadership, healthcare management, clinical knowledge, and business acumen. Her mission is to help female healthcare professionals to awaken their God-given purpose as a healthcare professional through education and ACTION-ORIENTED empowerment. She is the Author of the book “In Health, On Purpose! Awakening Your True Calling In The Healthcare Profession”.